1. Rapid Transcriptions is a trading name of Alanna Ivin and is registered with the
Information Commissionerís Office (ICO), registration number ZA030070.
2. Rapid Transcriptions is committed to protecting and respecting customer privacy
fulfilling the requirements of the GDPR regulations.
or otherwise you will be subject to the policy of that website provider.
4. If you have any questions about the way we handle your personal data please contact:
Alanna Ivin, Proprietor, Rapid Transcriptions at firstname.lastname@example.org
DATA TRANSFER SECURITY
1. File transfer - Rapid Transcriptions uses a business level GDPR compliant encrypted
file transfer service - Data Send - to receive and return customer files. All Rapid
Transcriptions files are stored on UK based servers.
2. Encryption - data is encrypted during transit via Secure Socket Layer (SSL)/Transport
Layer Security (TLS) and also while stored pending download using the AES encryption
standard. Data Send UK and its partners operate under strict ISO27001 certified
information security procedures.
IT SECURITY, DATA STORAGE AND DELETION
1. Rapid Transcriptions complies with Data Protection Act Information Security principle 7
which sets standards for IT security. If you would like a copy of our Information Security
Policy please contact us.
2. Rapid Transcriptions retains customer source material and transcripts only for the
period it is being worked on. The legal basis for this is to provide a contracted service to
you. Customer data files are deleted once cleared payment has been received, or sooner
by agreement with the customer. Accounts records for HMRC will be stored for up to 7
years. Emails will be deleted according to our IT deletion policy. Our opt in mailing list
will be retained unless customers request deletion of their data.
3. Limit of liability. The transmission of information via the internet is unfortunately not
completely secure - any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your
files, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised
PRIVACY OF PERSONAL DATA
1. No personal information is collected by this site. Our website does not collect any IP
2. If you contact us by email, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may ask
if you wish to be included in our mailing list to receive marketing updates on our service -
you may opt out and request deletion of this data in the future by contacting us, we will
respond to your request in a timely manner.
3. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner
networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please
note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any
responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit
any personal data to these websites.
4. If you follow the link on our website Upload page to send files to us via our secure file
transfer service you will be redirected to Data Send and will be subject to their privacy
5. Rapid Transcriptions never outsources to overseas transcription companies. All work is
carried out by UK-based transcribers.
1. Most of the personal data we obtain is only held for the duration of a contractual
purpose, and thereafter securely deleted. However, you may have consented to us
sending you marketing/update emails. Under the GDPR, you have the right to ask us to
remove your personal data - we will always respond to such requests in a timely manner.
2. If you have any other questions about our site please contact Alanna Ivin, Proprietor,
Rapid Transcriptions at email@example.com
3. If you are unhappy with the way we handle your personal data you may also lodge a
complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane,
Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email. However please check this
page regularly to keep up to date with any necessary changes.